Join our team!
SLIME SHOP APPRENTICE
Mush Slime was founded in late 2016. We started our business in a kitchen, then moved into a studio space next to our home and today we make hand crafted slimes in our beautiful commercial space in Durbanville, Cape Town. We have shared our love for slime with almost 40 000 worldwide customers and over 233 000 online subscribers and followers through videos and content creation on Instagram, YouTube and Tiktok.
We are looking for someone who shares our passion for beautiful hand crafted slimes and wants to become part of our team.
Having experience with handling slime will make your application stand out, however, you will learn everything you need to know about slime if you join our team. You will learn about all the different types of slime, how to make high quality slime and how to fix sticky slime. If any other aspects of our business interest you, we offer opportunities for growth.
ABOUT THE JOB
We are looking for a motivated and reliable person to support our slime production and packaging processes.
The job will require you to assist with big batch slime making, individual jar labelling and packaging of orders.
The job will also require various small office tasks such as stock control and ordering and helping to keep our space clean.
This job will also entail managing our store front with limited reception duties. This will involve managing occasional walk-in sales and potential slime workshops.
This is a part time position for approximately 10-15 hours a week. Hours will be flexible determined by work priorities. The aim is to grow this job into a full time position.
- Assist with slime batch mixing
- Label jars
- Fill sprinkle/glitter/charm bags
- Pack orders
- Organise and keep work space clean
- Manage walk-in sales
- Manage store front
- Assist with slime workshops
- Passionate about the product
- Enjoys hands-on work and is comfortable with touching and handling slime
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to work fast with a clear head
- Attention to detail
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- Very reliable and excellent time management skills
- Must be 18 years or older
- Drivers license and own transport
- Must be comfortable lifting heavy things
WHAT WILL MAKE YOU STAND OUT
- Experience with handling and playing with slime
- Social media content creation experience
- Comfortable with kids of all ages
- Experience in making slime
- Experience with art (paint mixing, colour matching, etc.)